Sunday, December 22, 2013

My New Hobby: Jewelry Making

I have been making salvaged and repurposed jewelry for a little while now. Piecing this and that together to make minimalist and statement pieces. I have made necklaces, bracelets, broaches, and earrings. I love the thrill of making something new from something old. I love mixing something shiny with something tarnished; a little bone with a little rust. That's how I came up with the name Bone&Rust Art Co. My mom let me pick out what I wanted for Christmas since I'm older and don't want toys. We ended up at Jo-Ann's. I picked out some necklace and bracelet chains, some beads, charms, some blank kraft cards, letter stamps, and a black ink pad. I had fun rummaging through all the jewelry making supplies. I can't wait to open it all Wednesday and start designing new pieces with what she bought me. I love that my mom supports me in my journies even if she doesn't agree with or like what I do. I get a lot of support from my family and my artist friends. 

  These are some ideas that I am currently working on.
The top necklace is styled with gold safety pins and pearls.
This necklace is made from antiqued brass chain and grey heart charms.
I bought a few skeleton keys a week ago and am just now getting to design some necklaces around them.





No comments:

Post a Comment