Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our Debut: The Juke Joint Festival 2014

   The public debut of Bone & Rust Art Company is just one week away, so I am getting excited. It's not only an adventure for me, but a step out on a limb; a step away from being an artist who just paints. I am making this session because as an artist I don't won't just one thing associated with my name, I want a million possibilities to be at my reach. I have come to the realization in my personal life and life as a creative spirit, that: It's not about the time you spent, but the technique in with you did it. I have prayed over the past few weeks that all will go well next Saturday, that I have enough artworks and products, and that I meet more people than I can remember! I also have prayed that I make a name for myself. I want to be able to make something that touches the life of another person, because Art is supposed to do that and if it doesn't than what good is it? I want someone to see a piece of mine and say, that's from Bone & Rust Art Co. and tell others about it. In life so far I've had three artist mentors. Bradley Gordon, Hayden Hall, and Randall Andrews have all inspired me and encouraged me along my path as an artist and as a young man starting out with a long road ahead. I look at them and see Clarksdale's Van Gogh, Piccaso, and Basquiat. Men who are and will be remembered for who they were and the art that they gave to the people. Two of these three men that I look up to own pieces of my art, one owns at least four of my artworks and the other owns one piece. I love discusing new ideas and projects with them. They give me their honest feedback and that's one reason I look up to them. I have been packing up all of my art pieces and products for the Juke Joint Festival and I've almost packed it all into boxes and bags. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared for a bad result, or loosing profit from is journey that I've been making over the past two years. All I can do is advertise, pray, and show up. Can't wait to meet all the people who come from out-of-state and other countries.



No comments:

Post a Comment