Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The True Tennessee TumbleWeed: Grace Askew

From "The Voice" to her voice, Grace Askew has the world in a mystic trance; enticing us in with her smoky voice and her southern charm that's kind on the eyes! Razor slick, Grace could sing a baby to sleep by singing the dictionary! If you can't tell, I'm a fan! She has an unique style to her that  makes the people she meets love her even more. This past April during The Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale, Mississippi, I met Grace at my Bone & Rust Art Co booth. She bought a one of a kind necklace that I made from salvaged and repurposed items. We talked back and forth over the next few weeks and I pitched the idea to Grace for me to create a jewelry line that was inspired and based upon her charm, personality, music, roots, and soul... I also recently hosted my first ever photo-shoo with Grace in and around downtown Clarksdale. We emailed our ideas concepts and vision for the line back and forth to each other and discussed them almond each other over our social media accounts. We came up with some pieces to start the line with. The name we selected for Grace's first line was " The Tennessee Tumbleweed Jewelry Line". There's a little bit of everything in the collection of pieces; lots of raw repurposed metals, leather, and salvaged bullets. The line will be debuting at Graces new album release party, which will be held on July 25th, at Minnglewood Hall in Memphis and starts at 8:00pm. I'll be there with a table displaying the jewelry line and selling the limited / one of a kind pieces. Jimbo Mathus and the Dirty Crooks will be Graces musical gest. I hope to see some of you there supporting Grace and I on our artistic adventurers.

(I took these pictures during our shoot.)


No comments:

Post a Comment