Sunday, October 20, 2013

Exploring Mississippi

Today I road with my dad to a few Cotton gins to work on broke-down module trucks. While he worked on the trucks, I went exploring. In Vance, Ms I explored the outsides of an old, abandoned two-story house that was starting to give in to gravity. I whish that it wasn't boarded up so I could have seen the insides, besides what I could see through a huge hole where part of the second story wall had fallen away. I then explored an old barn that was right down the road. In Glendora, Ms I explored old trash-piles on the banks of a byou that ran behind the gin where my dad was working. I found an old Sprite bottle from Saratoga National Historic Park, an old Ritchey's Better Beverage "PopKola" bottle, (there was a Ritchey's Better Beverage Bottling Co. in Clarksdale and Indianola, Mississippi)... I also found a huge gauge from an oil tank and a old white tea cup. Today was fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment