Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mosquito Ideas: A Look Into the Mind of Britt Burchfield

  My ideas are like mosquitos. they hover over me, buzz to get my attention, bite me when I'm not looking, and I can kill them, but another one just comes along and takes its place. I usually have anywhere from ten to twenty ideas in my head at once. Not all of them get conceived, created, or given any attention, just the ones that I know I can create or the ones I can achieve. I'd say on a weeks basis I get anywhere from hundreds to thousands of ideas about art; maybe more, its hard to count. Some of my ideas become paintings, sculptures, cabinet curiosities, short stories, mixed media pieces, or sketches; and some just say simple thoughts. I have probably let a potential masterpiece elude me by not giving it any thought or trying to conceive it. many of my works go unseen by the public. I occasionally show them to my family members to get their opinion or perspective of it, but that's as far as I show it. I am going to try and post about and show the art pieces that I create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment