Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Salvaged Life

I love to walk down country roads, in the woods, or on the Mississippi River and salvage things that spark my creativity. I love old wood, rusty metal, lost possessions, bones, and vintage items. I have found just about every kind of item you can think from a vintage Zenith TV in Vicksburg, an army helmet from one of the World Wars, to an ouija board in an abandoned house. I find myself drawn to these things that I find like lost souls who have found each other. I think I was born in the wrong decade. These things make connections with me and I fall in love with them, whether it's as they are or as an object in need of repurposing. I love repurposing these finds into functional art, furniture, or just something from my heart. Many of  the objects I find have seen their best days as what they were, but are in need for a "Salvaging Savor" and that's where I come in. I take that item and give it a new life; a new Feng Shui. My inspirations are Mr. Randall Andrews, Hayden & Erica from Oxbow, & Salvage Dawgs from TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment